The aim of all the work we do at Newton Primary School is for all children to reach their full potential using our Newton Values to Be the
Best that can Be.
- We are proud to be a Growth Mindset school. We positively encourage children to make mistakes, learn from them and build the resilience to be successful in both their academic and social journeys.
- In each class you will find a display which reminds the children that anything is possible if they use the Power of Yet!
- We provide a broad and balanced curriculum that is designed to enable every child to develop their independence skills, knowledge and understanding as they progress through school and in readiness for their next stage of education.
- As well as enabling our pupils to gain a deep understanding of the National Curriculum, we recognise the importance of developing their social capability, spiritual understanding and cultural awareness. We want to empower our children so that they are well-placed to thrive with a lifelong love of learning.
- Our curriculum incorporates all statutory requirements.
This is an overview of the topics that each class covers. Currently we have a two year cycle but we do review it annually. If you think you can enhance our curriculum in any way, please see your child's class teacher.