Friends of Newton Group
Who are Friends of Newton?
Friends of Newton was formed in November 2019. After the collapse of the PTFA in 2018, there was a growing need for a parent volunteer group which could support the school raise much needed funds to improve the quality of education the children receive.
The Friends of Newton group consists of around 8 members. The group meet on a regular basis to help plan fund raising events. So far, the group have planned the following:
- Christmas Disco
- Supported with Christmas crafts for the Newton Christmas Fair
- Sold calendars and key rings
- Hosted a pancake breakfast for parents and children
- Run a number of tuck shop sales
- Set up a school lottery
- Set up a shopping reward scheme for parents/carers with funds going directly to school
- Organised a special person/ Mothers Day lunch
- Organised a huge raffle with dozens of quality prizes up for grabs
- Organised an Easter Egg Hunt
What's new for 2021-22? Project outdoor classroom
Now the world is slowly getting back to some normality, the Friends of Newton group are working hard again to fundraise for the school. The school is developing its science curriculum and would like to encourage more outdoors learning whenever possible. To support the children learn in the outdoors, the Friends of Newton group are going to fundraise for 6-7 outdoor benches for the children to use. Look out for the newsletters being sent out in the next few weeks to find out about how you can become more involved.
Check out our newsletters!
What have we achieved so far? Project Playground Markings
In 2019-20, the Friends of Newton group raised over £2000 and donated this to the school to help to have new playground markings installed. The children love playing on the new markings and it benefits children right across the school of all ages and abilities.